Thursday, April 29, 2010

The One With the Phew Day

Phew. According to the dictionary: an exclamation of relief, surprise, disbelief, weariness, etc. Can I just say... it has been a busy, stressful couple of weeks? In my brain, I am still on about Tuesday of last week, and I am not quite sure how I got to Thursday, the end of April. It has been a series of assignments, crises, responsibilities, disappointments, and the occasional happy surprise. Sort of like a fun roller coaster. Except that there is no one waiting in line, so the greasy guy operating the ride just throws the switch and lets you go again... over and over and over. Good thing I’m not a puker. I would like off the roller coaster please, just for today. I woke up with this nightmare two nights ago, where I sat up in bed and thought, “Skippy! I haven’t seen him in three days. I hope everyone has been taking care of him. Is he in his bed?” And I actually had to go check.

So, on the schedule for today? I am not sure. But it probably involves playing with Skippy, walking with Cambria, reading something a little mindless, maybe filling up the cookie jar for the first time in days, at least a couple hours with headphones at my keyboard... and, okay, fine: a couple loads of laundry. You know... a little break before strapping in for the next ride.