I don’t have a bucket list, and honestly, even if I did, these things would probably not be on the list. But I have to celebrate small milestones (you should note that I very carefully did not call them accomplishments… so be warned). Let’s cross ‘em off.
1. Be the best man at a friend’s wedding. Yes, I got to give the “best man” toast at Andrew’s wedding on Saturday. Good times.
2. Made a basket from Larry’s sidewalk across the street. It’s not quite a half-court shot, but it is pretty far just the same.
3. Went a week without logging onto Facebook. It was nice.
4. Went a week without washing my hair. No, I’m just kidding about that one. I could never. My hair gets curlier and tanglier and about an inch shorter every day I don’t wash it. After a week, I would probably have to just shave it all off.
5. Watched an entire episode of Castle. This is Cambria and DK’s show, and I usually wander off. I stuck through the whole Nikki Heat episode.
6. Ate every last piece of the peanut butter chocolate fudge that my neighbor brought over for the family. I don’t think anyone else would have liked it, so obviously it was a kindness I performed. And since I am feeling slightly confessional right now, I will go ahead and admit that I ate that whole container of triple peanut butter ice cream in the freezer… the one with the chunks of Reese’s, as well as an alarming number of the Snicker’s Peanut Butter squares DK brought home from Costco. They were delicious. And crunchy.
7. Bought a dress for Casey’s wedding on sale AND two months before the wedding. Now I just have to watch the peanut butter intake for a couple of months.
Now, one last little gem:
There are so many great things about this, it is hard to decide which is the best. Is it my haircut, which might be described as kind of a mullet? Is it the fact that I have my hands on the creepy guy that was my roommate’s boyfriend (whom, incidentally and distastefully, I found naked in my apartment that semester)? All good, but NO… it’s the Tom Selleck poster!!! Oh, Tom...