Saturday, April 16, 2011

The One Where She Was All Alone

I know. Sounds like maybe I am complaining that I was lonely. No no no. Not lonely. I actually DREAM of being all alone. It happens so seldom. But DK had meetings in L.A. this last week, and I wasn’t invited to them. But I was invited to go hang out at a really nice hotel and have some of that alone time I had been craving.

This was the view out the window. Not to offend anyone, but L.A. is not one of the most beautiful cities out there. Weather, yes. But seriously, I could see four billboards for lapband surgery from my window! Not exactly scenic, but I still enjoyed the view.


DK thought this magazine was humorous. I will leave this one alone.


The bed was super comfy with tons of pillows and a down comforter.


I had my iPad and a book.


The hotel wi-fi was a total ripoff so I tried out the “Personal Wi-fi Hotspot” option on my iPhone 4. Yes, it cost extra from AT&T, but it didn’t cost more than the wi-fi the hotel was offering, and it worked like a charm to stream movies and TV onto my iPad. That is some pretty mind-bending technology, I have to say. Here is a screenshot from my iPhone running the Personal Hotspot. Pretty cool:


I was only there for 24 hours, but it was a nice little break. I came back to spend the next five days catering, taking dinner to the sick and injured, and finishing the April music video for Archangel Records. Which, by the way, I am a little bit in love with. Garry and I struggled a bit figuring out how to portray certain imagery in the song, and we hit a lot of brick walls. But we found ways around all of them, and I am really happy with the result. I hope you will all help me out by watching the video, and if you are so inclined, sharing it, too. We would love new fans on our Archangel Records Facebook page here, and we are hoping to at least double the amount of video views from the last video.

Check out the latest on Archangel at our He Said/She Said blog here. By the way, we just finished writing the song for the May video... and it is going to be SWEET. {Hint: think Mother’s Day!}

Anyway, here is the video. Hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

So glad you were able to have a break and enjy the view. Hopefully you'll be able to decide about that lapband surgery..............

Victoria said...

Tauna, you are a horrible person. :) haha

alpinekleins said...

Ha! Sounds lovely . . . I'm ever so impressed with your tech skills, I'm going to have to try the personal hotspot app - way to go!

Kristin

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ya, I might be horrible, but I got to meet a very cute young man and his little wife today at church.
So.......what I'm saying is that, I've seen your son more recently than you have!!!!!!!
Neenerneenerneener!

He's way cute by the way!

Cindy said...

Oh--I'm in need of some alone time, desperately. More than 24 hours though, please! Glad you had some. The quiet--the only thing I want to hear is the fridge humming! Hahaha!