Friday, January 6, 2012

The One With Resolution #1

I am not a big fan of “New Year’s resolutions.” I am not opposed to goal-setting, but I prefer to do that throughout the year. This year, though, I am going to throw a few out there. One a day... until I just get bored.

So for today:

New Year’s Resolution #1. Take longer showers.

Yes, I know that is not very green of me. Trabuco Canyon Water District does not appreciate it. Al Gore just got a little grumpier, without even knowing why. But I deserve it. At least an extra minute of nice hot water, Spotify music pouring out of my phone, fogging up the mirrors, no one bugging me.

I think this one could stick. And for a little touch of irony, I pulled that little shower illustration off the Alliance for Water Efficiency website. You’re welcome.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Too funny. This is a big debate in our house! Everyone likes the shower version. I get antsy about it. To me a shower is utilitarian. Get in and get out. If they want lots of hot water and time to think, get in a tub and soak it up.

haha!

CB said...

Now this is my kind of resolution!! Long Hot Showers - Trabuco Canyon Water be damned!!

It's nice to see you on the blog again :-D

Victoria said...

Haha! Cherie, you kill me! And Cindy...I have always taken the shortest showers in the house too! I probably still will, but I'm going to enjoy them a little more this year. :)