Monday, January 30, 2012

The Vintage One

This has been such a busy week. I am working days, nights... and anywhere else I can squeeze in an odd job! I’ve also decided to start working on some new songs. I have been waiting around, but time is a’ wasting. Meanwhile.... I have been ramping up my photog business and getting as many new jobs as I can. I had two back-to-back on Saturday for Mission Viejo High School’s Winter Formal, and by the time I got back for the second one, it was getting dark. But the subject, 14-year-old Allie, was way fun. She and some other freshmen were going without dates to the dance as friends, and Allie had her hair done in a vintage 40s style, and she did her makeup to match. I had a blast snapping a few quick shots before the sun fled the scene entirely...









4 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a gorgeous photo shoot! She totally pulled off the vintage! She looks so grown up! The kid next to her.......not so much.
Totally cute!

What kind of camera do you use?
What is your favorite lens?

Victoria said...

I am using a Canon Rebel T2i, and my favorite lens is my 50mm f/1.8. BUT I am saving up to get the 50mm f/1.4 and I REALLY want to get a full-frame camera like the Canon 5d Mark II. I would like to shoot a couple of weddings this year, and I really need a full-frame camera. But there is a cool website called BorrowLenses.com where I could rent what I want for a larger shoot, so I may end up doing that if I get a wedding anytime soon!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

You're such a busy woman. You inspire me to ramp it up.

Great shots!

I'm the worst picture taker, so I'm pretty envious. Have a great weekend!

lesa said...

so very nice!