Monday, January 26, 2009

The One Where She Saved Your Marriage


Garden Weasel dreamed last night that I started a new business, in which I charged parents $100 for four dating/etiquette lessons for boys. I taught them how to cook, how to play hard-to-get, and what fork to use. She said it was weird, but then I wrote a book and became a best-selling author…boy dating tips. I actually totally love that idea. I mean, I’m already running the service…I just haven’t been charging for it.

I don’t think I really care what fork you use, but the rest of it is Dating Survival 101, right? Do you have a dating question for “Ask Victoria?” Ask away… and in the meantime, here are some freebies: No, you shouldn’t call her yet. You smell of desperation. Give it a couple of days. While you’re waiting, go on Facebook and change your status: Dougie is trying to recover from three dates in two days. For your first date, plan something under two hours in case everything goes south. Oh, and here is the recipe I give to all the boys, whether my own, or the missionaries. I tell them it could save their marriage someday. It is also a great way to impress a date. But hey, this is not just for my guys… this diabetic coma in a muffin tin could actually save your marriage someday too.

Recipe for...
Marshmallow Popovers

4 comments:

RSM Text Factor Gurus said...

Gardenweasel sounds like a super genius!

Della Hill said...

Hi Victoria,
I've been blog absent for a while so I just spent the last 30 minutes catching up on your posts.
You always make me laugh. And I admire how talented in so many ways.
I didt leave comments on all the posts I just caught up on, but I did on the blow torch one.
That Tyler of yours sounds like a great kid and definitely shares some of his Mom's qualities.
Has the baby been born yet?
I haven't been in a ward that had a roadshow in about 20 years. Yours sounds awesome though.
I'll be back soon.
Thanks for the wisdom, entertainment, and recipes.

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

Victoria!!! I was so excited to see that you have a blog! That food looks dang good. How is life? Is California great or what? I am still in Utah someday I will be out of here though!

Rachel Ricchio said...

those look yummy, however sadly i have never been a fan of marshmallows! i am still in temecula, but don't have a catering company (i seriously wish i did). since i got back from italy quite a few people have asked me to cook for them at parties or events so i just started doing it! i absolutely love it. i bet josh's wife does amazing wedding cakes! lucky her! i'm currently at my grandmothers taking care of her (long story) and won't be home until probaby the middle of february, but after that i can be your slave pretty much. glad to hear that the studio is coming along! can't wait!