Thursday, July 2, 2009

The One With the Sweet and Sour

Today was not a bad day. What’s the expression? Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing? Yeah, it was that kind of day. But there were some good points.

Sweet: Moroni Chapter 10 in our family scripture reading. What does that even mean? It means we finished the Book of Mormon again today, as a family! That is pretty sweet.

Sour: I made 280 twice-baked potatoes. Ew, ew, ew. That is all I have to say about that. Well, and thank you to Cambria for scooping them all. But I still don’t want to look at another russet for a very long time.

Sweet: I don’t have to look at another russet for a very long time, because my friend Janis came over and picked up the last 40 pounds, and she is going to make the other 150.

Sour: Did you hear that Michael Jackson died? Oh no! (jk… first of all, I am not quite that behind the times, and secondly, sorry Michael, but it is probably a mercy).

Sweet: I finished one more song.

Sour: I am stuck on the next one. And I seem to undergo a crisis of faith (in myself, mostly) about every other day. I should really get over that.

Sweet: One of my fav returned missionaries called. He is awesome.

I will end on that sweet one, but I should reiterate what a bad idea it is to make 280 twice-baked potatoes at one time. It is right up there with buying sushi from a strip mall. Or letting your toddler crawl into bed with you without a diaper on. Answering the phone on Sunday morning. Need I continue?

8 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Glad to hear you survived the day. I enjoyed the sweet/sour idea.

Way to go on finishing another song and good luck with the next. Oh and just so you know, I think you're fabulous and amazing.

(LOVE that last part, all are so true!)

Anonymous said...

How about a a sweet and sour twice baked potato?

YUCK!

Hope today is all sweet for you.

Jamie said...

Ugh! That's a lot of potatoes! A lot! Congrats on finishing a song. You'll work out the next one, don't worry. I will send you some sweet vibes today. :)

Josh said...

Your list of bad ideas at the end made me crack up. What was your experience with strip mall sushi?

alpinekleins said...

I'll remember . . . just in case someday I'm inspired to think I can make 280 twice baked potatoes. (Sounds just like something I'd attempt:)

Love the "sweet" and the "sour"!

Kristin

Jan said...

That is double the work to do the twice thing. It's more like 560 potatoes.

Good luck with the song and have a great 4th Victoria. I hope to email you back this weekend. Thanks so much.

Michael Jackson died? Are you kidding me :) lol.

Cindy said...

That's a LOT of potatoes! What are they for? Who are you catering this weekend? Hope you don't have to do any more for a while at least!

I'll bet they taste pretty darn good though, coming from your kitchen.

CB said...

Wow that is a few 2x baked potatoes! What was the occasion dare I ask? Please tell me you did not eat them all too! ha ha

I love the sweet and sour - We all have that on a daily basis don't we!

Hope this Sunday is Sweet!