Friday, August 28, 2009

The One Where She Was So Desperate She Started Throwing Out Random Facts



Do you know...?

I can do an L.A. Times full-size Sunday crossword puzzle in 45 minutes with no cheats, but I don’t know what pi is (or even if I just spelled it right… I think it has a Greek character). But here’s the thing… I don’t really know why that would matter.

When someone asks me for advice, I seem to find it impossible to sugar-coat anything… but give me some pecans, and I can candy those like nobody’s business.

I have never tasted coffee in my life… not even in ice cream, but I did, however, have a Hershey’s bar for breakfast this morning. It is not really my fault. I have all these leftover chocolate bars from the wedding I catered last week.

I read the 7th Harry Potter book in a day… but I don’t really remember what I read, so I have been able to read it twice since then, and be surprised each and every time. I’m pretty sure one of the Weasley’s died, and another lost an ear… I may have to read it again to be positive. Don’t spoil it for me…

I don’t really love animals. At least not like Skippy, who thinks that puppies are about the most awesome thing in creation… but I can’t abide abuse or neglect of animals. That commercial with Sarah McLachlan, has completely ruined her song “Angel,” for me.

If I got to choose a concert to attend, it would be that guy at the top of the post.

My only pet peeves are bullies and people who say mean things with the excuse that they are “just telling the truth.”

If someone gave me $50 that had to be spent on something indulgent, I would spend it in the iTunes store. $100, I would spend at www.bn.com. $500 would find me at www.bodenusa.com. $1000 I would spend at www.ballarddesigns.com. Or maybe www.apple.com. Or www.shoebuy.com. Okay, I can’t be trusted. See… all that money, and I didn’t even replace my broken dishwasher.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No love for animals? I guess we've come to a point in our friendship where I will just have to shake my head and wonder.

Obviously I differ on that one...just a bit *wink*.

I'm with you on everything else.

CB said...

I don't know what pi is either - ha ha - Also could not do the crossword puzzle in 45 minutes unless I cheated with Google - giggle giggle (which is totally something I would do - I'm bad!).

I love Daughtry too - He's awesome!

You crack me up with your money spending increments! So, how long have you been hand washing your dishes?

Cranberryfries said...

I love love facts about people!
Great post.

I've never attempted to time my crosswords. I'm not terribly good at them in general though.

I'm not an animal lover either. I don mind them though, but....at other peoples houses. Not in mine. Not in my yard. Not on me when I visit.

KMac said...

3.1415926535897932384 (from 5th grade)
Pi or π is a mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.

π is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction. Its digits never end or repeat. It is also a transcendental number, which means no finite sequence of algebraic operations can be equal to its value.

Victoria said...

@Carolyn: Sorry, I used to fantasize about a shock collar for our dog.

@Cherie: You mean you can HAND-WASH dishes? Man, I have a lot of catch-up to do today... (jk... have been hand-washing for about a month)

@Debbie, I got the idea from your quiz, which I was too embarrassed to use my real name to take... but I did pretty well on, after all...

@DK: That's why those darned kids keep getting perfect scores on the math portion of the SAT. Transcendental AND irrational? No wonder I didn't get it. I am very rational.

Cranberryfries said...

Hahah I love that!