Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Noisy One

Today I made nine hours of French recordings, with another nine or ten to do tomorrow. And suddenly I was reminded why I made most of my CD recordings in the middle of the night.
When I listen to the mic through the headphones,
I hear
Skippy screaming with his friends on the trampoline
So many birds it reminds me of waking up in Hawaii
Bells at the elementary school
Two car alarms (or just one, twice?)
The front door slamming four times
Super Mario Brothers
A siren
A toilet flushing (too many times to count)
Dogs barking
An owl who ought to be asleep
The ice machine in the refrigerator
The phone ringing
A motorcycle three streets away
Casey taking a shower in the bathroom directly above our heads

I think I prefer to work in the quiet of the night. But now I am going to bed. After this day, I am seriously afraid I may dream en français…

(You should probably read this post in your best French accent... that is how I wrote it) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, mom.

Cranberryfries said...

First, your microphone is amazing! Second you crack me up because I got done reading and had to go back and reread it all in a french accent because it totally makes it funny all over again.
Third can't wait to get a sneak peak at what you've been doing. we are going to get one?? :)

Anonymous said...

I love you more, mom.

Victoria said...

Who are these anonymous boys???

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I read it in my best French accent to begin with....cause I could tell!
Wow, recording with all that racket...how is it possible. I think I would love that version the best.

alpinekleins said...

totally read with my best french accent :) Why are you studying french? I actually am going to paris with my sister and girls in May for a week - sooooo excited! NOW I am trying to brush up on the french - but noooooo time!

Kristin