Thursday, June 4, 2009

The One Where She Is Grounded

I am grounded. It is a punishment my parents didn’t utilize much. Or at all, really. I think they realized that it was like punishment for them. Maybe they couldn’t get me out of the house to begin with. Either that or I was really good and never needed punishing. (Yeah, that’s the ticket) Anyway, I’m making up for their oversight right now. I have been neglecting something important. Something I am passionate about. My songs. Under construction. I need to write three more songs in the next five weeks. So I am going to power through some composing this weekend. Lyrics, here I come. (I’m psyching myself up… can you tell?) I can do this.

From what am I grounded, you ask? (ooh... beautiful grammar) The Blog, of course. My comfy Welcome Mat. I’m not allowed back until I get the lyrics written for one song. I have already grounded myself from the TV, my favorite books… food… I’ve tried to ground myself from my responsibilities, but darn them, they keep following me wherever I go. So really, all that is left is the blog. My last refuge. My home away from home, right in the comfort of my own home. My little bloggity-blog, with my blog-alicious friends. My favorite time-sucking pastime. So close, but just out of my reach. There’s a little tear in my eye, right now.

Just to prove that I’m punishing myself, and not you, I’m posting a little love for you here, in the form of this mp3. Let’s call it “Wait For Me.” Oh! Another little tear… maybe I’ll stay up all night.

6 comments:

alpinekleins said...

We'll be right here, just waiting for those lyrics to get written. Bravo for you! You can do it! Think what a great feeling that will be :)

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should join you and work on my book for a while.

CB said...

Good luck on your lyrics! I know how it is when things are pressing :D

Jan said...

I wish you nothing but beautiful music flowing out of that beautiful head. Good luck and can't wait to see more talent from you.

RSM Text Factor Gurus said...

have fun! I know you'll love it when you get into it. I am off to spend the day and evening with all of my diminutive friends. Should be a long night (with me in dirty clothes, too).

I think you need a song about standing. I love that idea in the scriptures. Read about how often they say stand....or stranger in a strange land (cool image). Okay, I am not helping.

Jamie said...

miss you. when are you ungrounded?